Vermont Naturopathic Clinic is a fully accredited Medical Home and provides a wide range of adult primary care services through the following physicians:
Primary care services offered:
- Acute illness care using evidence based guidelines
- Chronic disease management including management of asthma, diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, arthritis and other conditions using evidence based guidelines
- Annual physicals / well-child checks / gynecologic annuals
- Medical Home based access to counseling and social work services, dietician services and smoking cessation programs
- Vaccine administration and counseling
Preventive services including
- Annual physical exams / work and school physicals
- Review of past and family history for determining risk factors for preventable illnesses
- Dietetic and lifestyle counseling
- Immunization counseling and administration
- Age appropriate screening studies such as laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging for early detection of preventable illnesses.
Most insurance plans now cover one wellness visit per year and some preventive medicines. Check your insurance, some will allow immunizations, and drugs for diabetes, some of which are covered services that is not subject to a deductible and is fully covered. Take advantage of a wellness visit for preventive medicine services.